Portland radio station KBPS, initially authorized in 1923, is the second most seasoned radio station in the city of Portland. The understudy group of Benson Polytechnic High School acquired the transmitter and other hardware from Stubbs Electric in Portland for $1,800. Cash for the buy of the station originated from understudy body stores.
On March 23, 1923, the understudy collection of Benson was authorized by the government to work a radio station utilizing 200 watts of force at 834 kilocycles. The main call letters of the station were KFIF. The station made its formal introduction broadcasting live and was authoritatively committed in right on time May of 1923, between the hours of 9:30 p.m. à 10:30 p.m., on the premiere night of the fifth yearly Benson Tech Show.
KBPS AM website address is kbps.am